Jalebi Recipe - Crispy Crunchy Juicy Jalebi without yeast - YouTube
See details »
- 00:00: NamaskarWelcome to nishamadhulika.com Everyone just relish eating piping hot jalebis. Usually we need to prepare and let the batter rest for 10 to 12 hours and then make the jalebis. But today we are making instant jalebis which are not time consuming. These jalebis will taste super tasty as compared to jalebis prepared with rested batter. Let’s start with the procedure of making instant jalebi.
- 00:36: Let us start with making the batter first. We have 1 cup refined flour, add 1/3 tsp baking powder and mix well. Add less than ½ pinch red food color to mixture as well. Keep the batter aside. Now add water in small portions and prepare the batter. Stir the flour until lumps dissolves completely.
- 01:18: Now add ground urad dal to this batter. We soaked ¼ cup urad dal for 2 hours and ground it finely. So, we already have the ground dal. Mix this ground urad dal to the refined flour batter. We are done with making the batter. The batter has pouring consistency. It’s not too thick or too thin in consistency.
- 01:48: We used less than 1 cup of water for making this batter. We used ¾ cup of water and ¼ cup of water is still left. Now let us prepare the sugar syrup for the jalebis. Add 2 cups of sugar in any vessel. Add 1.5 cup of water to the sugar and let the syrup simmer until the sugar dissolves completely.
- 02:18: Let the syrup simmer. Peel 5 to 6 green cardamoms and make powder to add in the syrup. When the sugar dissolves completely, cook the syrup for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- 02:53: Let us check the syrup now. Pour the syrup like this and you’ll see that the last drop on the spoon falls really slowly. For another test, take 1 to 2 drops of syrup in a bowl and let it cool down. Take the syrup between your syrup and thumb and then stretch apart. You’ll see small formation of thread.
- 03:26: We need sugar syrup with one thread consistency and the formation of thread is really small. Sugar syrup is ready, turn off the flame and place the vessel on a net stand. We have got clean syrup as the sugar for dirt free. But if the sugar has any kind of dirt or is impure then while preparing the syrup add 1 to 3 tbsp milk to it. Remove the forms on the surface using a ladle and you’ll have clear syrup.
- 03:58: Syrup is now ready; squeeze half lemon or 1 tsp lemon juice to it. This will prevent syrup from crystallizing. Mix well. Now heat enough ghee for frying the jalebi. The oil is well heated. Now fill a cone with the batter for making the jalebi. Usually we get a special cloth for making the jalebis, but you can use this plastic cone as well.You can also use the sauce bottle for making the jalebis. Fill the batter in any polythene bag and make jalebis.Place the cone over a glass and fill it with the batter. Cut down the batter at this end to make a small hole. Make a very thin cut, as the big the hole is the bigger will be jalebis.Let us check if the ghee is well heated. Also, now mix the ground cardamom powder to it. Mix well. Now heat enough ghee for frying the jalebi. The oil is well heated.
- 04:30: Now fill a cone with the batter for making the jalebi. Usually we get a special cloth for making the jalebis, but you can use this plastic cone as well. You can also use the sauce bottle for making the jalebis. Fill the batter in any polythene bag and make jalebis. Place the cone over a glass and fill it with the batter. Cut down the batter at this end to make a small hole.
- 05:11: Make a very thin cut, as the big the hole is the bigger will be jalebis. Let us check if the ghee is well heated. The ghee for frying jalebis should be more hot then medium. We need medium-high hot ghee for frying jalebis. Drop a little batter to the ghee to see if it’s well heated. The ghee is sufficiently hot.
- 05:48: Keep the flame medium. Let us start making the jalebis. Hold the cone like this and push to make round jalebis. We are using desi ghee for frying the jalebis but you can use any other cooking oil as well. Place as many jalebis as possible in the wok and fry. Flip the sides of jalebis when roasted. You can use a rod or fork for flipping the sides.
- 06:18: Continue frying the jalebis until they get golden brown and crispy. Keep the flame medium-low. Jalebis have turned crispy and golden brown, drain them out and soak them in syrup. First take them out on a ladle to remove the extra ghee and then soak them in the syrup,
- 06:48: Keep the drench in syrup for a minute or so. Meanwhile let us prepare another batch of jalebis. Fry all the jalebis similarly. The jalebis have soaked syrup rightly; now place them on a plate. Similarly, prepare rest of the jalebis as well.
- 07:23: Re-fill the cone with more batter when required. We are done with making jalebis and it take 3 to 4 minutes for frying jalebis at once.
- 08:04: Lip smacking and crispy instant jalebi is ready. Making these jalebis is really easy. Just keep note of few things. While making the batter make sure that the batter is not too thick nor too thin in consistency. When making the syrup, add 0.75 portion of water than sugar.
- 08:36: Let the sugar simmer until it dissolves completely. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until you see formation of small thread. Sugar syrup will be ready. The ghee for frying the jalebi should be little more hot than medium. If the ghee is less hot while frying then the jalebis will not puff up. If the syrup is too hot then the jalebis will burn quickly.
- 09:08: So, make sure that the ghee is just little hot than medium. You will be able to make perfect jalebis. With 1 cup of refined flour you will be able to make many numbers of jalebis. This much quantity of jalebi is sufficient for 3 to 4 family members. Try making this recipe at your home and share your experiences with nishamadhulika.com See you soon with another delightful recipe. Do subscribe to my YouTube channel as well.