Dress for the girl a hook Yin Yang the Dress a trapeze Part 1
See details »
- 00:00: Crochet trapeze girl's dress 'Yin Yang' on Mamochkin Kanal. We'll crochet this simple classical trapeze dress for any size and age. I made this dress for my 6.5 y.o. daughter but I'll show you how to make it for any size. We need about 10.6 oz (300 g) of cotton yarn for this size. I have 3 balls of each colour (219 yd/50 g). I recommend 437.5yd/100 g for cotton yarn or 547 yd/100g for wool mixture.
- 00:53: I used hook №2 (№2.5mm of Soft Plastic Handle Crochet Hook from Aliexpress).
- 01:24: I use hook №2.5 for the initial chain (№3mm of Soft Plastic Handle Crochet Hook from Aliexpress). We need to measure chest. You take a dress you have and use it as a sample or take new measurements. Take chest, divide it by two.
- 02:07: I got 56 cm chest, so half is 28 cm. We can add 2-3 cm, so I'll do 30 cm chest line. The difference between chest line and bottom line is 8-10 cm.
- 02:40: So my bottom line is 40 cm. We'll crochet the front and the back separately. We also need the armhole height. To calculate it, take your half chest, divide it by 4 and add 7.
- 03:10: I've got 14 cm armhole height. We also need the length of the dress from the chest line to the bottom line. I've got 35 cm.
- 03:40: So my dress is about 50 cm long. Now we know all the measurements and we need to calculate stitches. We'll start crocheting from the bottom line and go up. To calculate the beginning chains and decreases, you need a sample. I recommend that you crochet a sample to get used to the pattern and get the right measurements.
- 04:16: We'll use unusual stitches and change colours inside the sample. In the next part I'll show you how to crochet a sample. The link to the playlist is below the video.
- 04:55: Thank you! Bye!