Poppy Biscuit ✧ School of the House Confectioner ✧ Poppy Seed Cake
See details »
- 00:00: Good day! Welcome to my channel! Today I want to share with you a recipe of a poppy seed sponge cake the base is a usual sponge cake, then ground poppy seeds are added and to make a sponge cake more moist and tender we add a little bit of veg oil, let's get started!
- 00:30: for the batter we'll need 130 g of flour 130 g of sugar, 100 g of ground poppy seeds, I ground it in a coffee grinder 4 large eggs 40 ml of water, 30 ml of flavourless veg oil 6 g of baking powder and a pinch of salt add the baking powder into the flour and mix thoroughly
- 01:04: then sift, add the ground poppy mix well add 4 eggs into a bowl of a standing mixer add a pinch of salt and whip up without sugar for now
- 01:34: then gradually add in the sugar and whip up till light and airy till a beater leaves a print on surface which doesn't sink right away only after this you can add the flour mixture
- 02:04: mix in the flour like we usually make a sponge cake batter fold in the flour from the bottom to the top that's the consistency add the veg oil in the very end
- 02:39: and boiling water water I'll bake a cake in a 24 in diameter springform pan which I've lined with parchment, left the sides ungreased pour the batter you can swirl the pan to make a cake more even
- 03:09: bake in a 170-180 degree Celsius oven for 35-40 min slightly press on the centre - your finger shouldn't sink a toothpick inserted into the centre should be clean without any wet batter on it put your freshly baked cake onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely inverted so it doesn't flatten
- 03:43: once it's cooled down, you can remove the sides slice the cake only after 2-3 hours after baking it's quite thick
- 04:18: you can slice the cake into as many layers as you want it's tender and moist I used this sponge cake for a Christmas poppy seed cake recipe
- 04:49: link to that video will be in description box below Thanks for watching! Bye!