How to make the free Internet! Strengthening of WiFi - YouTube
See details »
- 00:00: Today I am going to tell you how to get free Internet access. We are going to consider how to do it using Wi-Fi. We are going to consider 3 ways how to boost you Wi-Fi to the extent that makes it possible to connect to the wireless access points or to your mate’s access point who shared his password with you. Even at the distance of several kilometers. The first way is make a homemade antenna. There are lots of schemes of them in the Internet. I tried lots of them and checked how well they work in actual practice. The best results in terms of boosting of signals, Internet speed and simplicity of installing showed a double square antenna. Of course we can connect the antenna instead of laptop or tablet’s antennas.
- 00:36: But it’s more convenient to use a USB adapter. I use TP-LINK 7200 or TP-LINK 722. These adapters are powerful themselves even without homemade antennas, connected to them. They can connect to the wireless access points even at the distance of 100 metres. In case if you connect a homemade antenna to them, they get really very powerful. For making it we need a foil-clad paper-based laminate or or any metal sheet. Its hight has to be 100 millimetres and its width has to be 120 millimetres.
- 01:07: Also you need a copper wire from 1.5 to 3 mm in diameter. You can buy it in an appliance shop. An antenna cable isn’t appropriate for us. But this cable is just what we need. Let’s strip the wires. About 28 centimeters. Let’s measure 8 parts of 30.5 millimetrs. Let’s mark and cut it off there. Then we need to bend it at 90 degrees. Try to be exact and keep in mind that it has to be done with pinpoint accuracy, otherwise it will weaken boosting.
- 01:38: When all is said and done, you will get such an antenna. I have drilled a hole and and inserted the antenna into the hole. The distance between it and the base has to be 15 mm. I have welded it in order to fix it. I heve also cut off the antenna and instead of it I attached a wire to the antenna adapter. The wire is also welded here. The central wire has to be welded to this part of the antenna frame and the other one has to be welded to the antenna part to which it’s attached. Volume of sound decreases for 1 decibel when it’s applied to each connector.
- 02:17: In order to increase the output signal for a couple of decibels I took the antenna jack out of the antenna adapter and welded the wire directly. You can tape up the installation. You will need a USB extension cord in order to set it on the roof. If 5 meter extension cord isn’t enough, you can use 2 of them, having pluged one cord into another. In order to prevent water penetration, I decided to put the antanna into the bottle. We need to cut it and insert it into the bottle.
- 02:51: Let’s make 4 holes. Let’s wire it up. Let’s turn it in order for this opening to face the floor and direct it there. Now let’s see how it all works. I will check it with the help of the laptop. The experiment is held not in the city, but in the village. We don’t have many wireless access points.
- 03:21: Nor to free access points, neither to locked access points. We can only see cable access points I once connected to. Even when I place it right in front of the window, it fails to connect to the Internet. Now let’s try to connect the antenna to the laptop. Let’s plug the USB cable and wait for a while. You may need to install drivers for it, but you needn’t if your Operating System is Windows 7, it’s already installed. You can attach it to the window.
- 03:56: I has already found 3 wireless access points. My network, TP-LINK. Our laptop has also detected them. But the signals are weak and moreover passwords are required. Let’s try to put it on the roof for the sake of better results. Be careful.
- 04:31: You may fall off the roof. Let’s attach it to the chimney. You can start speaking in 3 seconds. We set the antenna outside and we got lots ofwireless access points. The main thing here is that one of them doesn’t require a password. Now let’s try to connect to it. We failed to connect to it. If you turn your antenna you can find more access points.
- 05:01: Turn it through 20 degrees to the left. Check it now. Yes we’ve got new access points. Let’s try to connect to it. It doesn’t require password either. Yes we’ve connected to it. Let’s see how it work by loading a youtube web page. How is it there, can I go down?
- 05:32: Yes, you can. If the signal is weak, Internet speed may be slow. Let’s check its speed. It’s really fast wireless Internet, though those in the city may have something to say about it.
- 06:08: It’s really good speed for free village Internet. We’ve got 4 new messages. Sometimes the passwords that others choose really surprise me. Why do they choose such ones? Let’s try to connect to it. Let me enter a password. Some figures and see it has connected. Why did they choose such a simple password.
- 06:43: Let’s check it. Maybe it’s not an access point. Yes, it works with such a simple password. I want to remind you the video is recorded in the village where we don’t have many access points, that’s why in the city we will have better results. For instance in Pasha’s flat the same antenna got 78 access points. Nine of them didn’t require passwords. I helped lots of my friends to connect to the Internet using this method and they were quiet happy.
- 07:14: I used this method in lots of cities and villages. In Luhansk, Yalta, Moscow and so on. It works everywhere. In most cases there is no need to attach the antenna to the roof. One of my friends in Stanitsa managed to connect to the Internet at the distance of 1 kilometre. The antenna was attached to his window and it worked well. Now when I set off on a journey, always take my Wi-Fi antenna and a square. In most cases to have this antenna is enough to connect to free Internet.
- 07:47: But sometimes free access points are too far away. Also sometimes there are no access points in villages. In such cases you can use this antenna FA- 20. Of course it’s much more difficult to make it, but it can connect to wireless access points at the distance from 5 to 8 kilometers. You can also use a satellite reflector, having attached our antenna instead of the antenna feed. In case if you can’t make it, there is a ready-made solution. NanoStaion.
- 08:19: There is a two-element antenna and a Wi-Fi booster inside the watertight housing. It can be easily connected by a cabel to the client port. This Wi-Fi booster is quiet expensive, but you buy a used booster. What methods of connecting to free access points do you know? Share with us in your comments. In our next video I am going to show how to connect to the Internet in remote territories when there is no connection at all.